Monday, February 14, 2011

Catching up from Shabbat

I spent Shabbat with Yael and her family at their home which is south and east of Tel Aviv.  It is quite lovely there.  Noa, Yael and I headed out on Shabbat to look for flowers.  We traveled along the Burma road and I saw some of the most beautiful parts of Israel which I had not seen before.  I didn't take that many pictures unfortunately.

We stopped for a picnic which was lovely with hot beverages to warm us up from the cold February air.  Back home, there was an amazing lunch feast (served around 5pm, this is Israeli time).  I finished Leon Uris' the Haj and we headed back to Tel Aviv.

Yesterday I met up with Miriam to discuss our plans for heading up to the north during the week.  It remains unclear whether Lillian will be able to join us for our adventure.  I arranged for a car rental, which being 25 years old, is much cheaper (last year it was many times more than what I am paying this year).  We will go to some areas that I have been to before and some new things.  I am hoping the hot springs are open at this time of year.

Sean found us at the beach and after Miriam had to head out, we went to cafe mazada near the Orchid Hotel for a drink and a small bite.  It was good to catch up.  That evening I had an amazing dinner with Yael at Rustico.  I have stopped to look at the Basel restaurant so many times, but until now, I haven't ate there.  What a mistake to wait so long, the pizza was excellent as was the gnocchi.

After dinner, Yael turned in with a busy week ahead of her, and I went out to a Benefit for three children receiving heart surgery.  The party was a lot of fun, and Sean came with his friend Lea (always good to meet new people).  I stayed with Aviva as planned that night, and then headed back to Yael's early.  Yael's sister, Efrat, was kind enough to come help me navigate the job search process for looking for things in Israel.  She is amazing, spending a chunk of this morning showing me different sites and helping me sign up for different options.  Hopefully we can find something for each of us.

Tonight I will be having dinner with Sean and Alon and staying with them before I head up north tomorrow morning for a few days out of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment