Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dashiell Comes to Israel

After Ulpan, I sped to the airport, only to discover that in fact, my brother's plane was two hours late in arriving. Ben Gurion is not a very exciting airport to hang out at while waiting, not even an ok restaurant to sit and read and have a bite to eat.

I meandered out to the tour bus area, figuring I would probably know one of the guides.  Small world, there was Uriel - my taglit guide from 5 years ago.  To come full circle, he would be leading my brother's taglit trip.  We talked a little about my time here (I had run into him a few months ago in a Druze village, and we had connected then and exchanged emails).

As I waited, another surprise when Shiri came over, having come to Israel.  We caught up for a bit as well

Finally Dashiell came out.  We spoke for a few minutes, and then I gave him some things for his trip, and off he went.  I headed into Tel Aviv to meet up with Xan, we played some triples volleyball which is not really my thing - nor his - but there were only two games really going on the beach, mostly it was the foot volleyball games.

After, I headed back to Ramla for the new group and caught up with some people from another program.  The new volunteers arrived and we were having a party for them.

Turning in for the night soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment