Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trip up North

Went on an excursion up North.  A few weeks ago, I was in the north of Israel and we went to see some caves.  I guess Oranim didn't want to pay the entrance fee, so we didn't see the really impressive caves in the park, which include some awesome wax figures.  In the photo above you can see the typical home life in prehistoric times as per someone's interpretation.  It was really neat to see the archeological markers as well, though I am not sure if they are actual markers or put in for effect.

Looking out from the cave you have a beautiful view.  To the left (due West) is the Mediterranean sea.  The prominent cliff ahead was once completely submerged in the sea many millions of years ago, and was formed from the buildup of small creatures, the name of which I forget.  They were conical things, of that I remember.
After returning the car to Tel Aviv, I caught this beautiful shot of the sunset.  Unfortunately, it doesn't mimic reality at all, some amazing feature in the camera pulled out the colors from the sky.  This reminded me of the DOVE ad for beauty (Evolution)

No comments:

Post a Comment