Sunday, April 11, 2010

Post Shabbaton

I returned last night from the Shabbaton, the second of the three BFL seminars.  After arriving back in Tel Aviv, I went to Yonni and Rachelle's apartment where Xan was as well for some Dominion (no Puerto Rico this time) and wonderful home cooked food.  Instead of our typical wine, we drank Mint Juleps.  It really is a full glass of bourbon with the mint and sugar mixed in, being that I don't really drink - I didn't come close to finishing it.

Back home, I met Izy who was still awake.  We chatted a bit with Ben who was here as well, and then I eventually turned in.

This morning I left for the Shuk, where I purchased some basic food supplies.  It was very empty.  When I came back, I noticed our knife was gone, so I called Izy - he let me know it was across the way.  I saw Judita when I went over, and so I invited her for lunch.  We had shakshouka, which was good.  I also baked some eggplant with breadcrumbs and a little flour - but my proportions were all wrong, and they didn't come out so well.  I decided to fry them, anything is delicious fried was my logic, even an old shoe as a friend would often say.  They turned out well after being lightly fried, removing the flour taste.

Arab Kadima this afternoon, and then a meeting this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment