Friday, August 14, 2009

End of an era...

Dearest Friend,

These past 5 years have been beyond memorable. The times we have spent together, both good and bad, are precious to me, as are the memories that we share. You never gave me a second look for wanting to do something extraordinary, and you were always there to remember, capturing the moment with me, there is little that I have done without you. You have been there for me without fail. It pains me that we find ourselves now at the end of a great journey together, ready to go our separate ways. I never expected us to get so close, nor last so long. Perhaps a year I thought we would last, but certainly nothing more than that. In so many ways, it will never be the same without you. You have been there for me without fail, and I have shared everything with you.

Why now, I wonder, amidst all the excitement, do you give up on us? I wonder if I have hurt you in some way? Was it something I did that caused you pain? I cannot for the life of me imagine, and yet I can tell you have lost your spark. You no longer react with excitement, and you’re not nearly as bright and cheery as you once were. Rather, you merely are, just going through the motions, and passing the time until the day comes when you no longer can do even the simplest task. I feel that day is near; even now you struggle to remember what you just saw with me only moments ago.

I am glad that you introduced me to your family, for as this friendship ends, I begin a new adventure, and your distant relative will be joining me – for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It won’t be the same, at least to begin, your replacement and I haven’t traveled the world together like you and I have – it’s going to take a while to get used to one another the same way that we have gotten to know each other these past years. I hope that your family is as strong as you have been for me, and the new friendship I forge can come close to what we once had.

I won’t forget you my friend – I’ll remember you when we first met, and the last time we looked out together, taking in the moment, catching a glimpse of reality and capturing it forever.

Be true to yourself and continue to do what you do best no matter where life takes you,

Your closest friend,

Jonathan







(closing your eyes for eternal peace)



I


No comments:

Post a Comment